Surveys have emerged as the most popular and powerful Market Research Software and Tools for researchers, businesses, and market disruptors. It not only helps companies to make informed decisions but also lets them understand the changing behavior and perception of customers.
But the question that concerns most of the researchers.
- Does everyone respond to the survey?
- What if they will receive less response than they want to make a decision?
- Why does their survey have a low open rate?
Well, the concern is correct. Surveys are only helpful if they are engaging and interactive. To help with this concern, several survey creation platforms and tools are available for free and paid.
So, if you’re struggling to find the perfect tool for your needs, we have curated a list of the top 10 market research software and tools having survey creation tools and platforms. From gathering customer and product feedback to conducting detailed market research and employee engagement surveys, these online survey tools and platforms can help you derive business insights.
Let’s get started.
SurveySparrow: Create Conversational Surveys
G2 Rating – 4.4 / 5 rating based on 1900+ reviews
Starting from $19 per month
Image Credits: SurveySparrow (screenshot)
Turn boring surveys into conversational surveys, a way to more customer engagement. This free tool will let you customize your surveys, making them more engaging and offering a chat-like experience even from your mobile devices.
- The conversational UI ensures that your surveys provide a chat-like experience, leading to a remarkable 40% increase in survey completion rates.
- Send free online surveys that are compatible with any device (mobile or web).
- Create white-label surveys specific to your brand, logos, fonts, and colors, defining your brand style.
- Customize your surveys with its in-built 1k+ survey templates.
- Benchmark your NPS score and compare it with your best competitors.
- Get 360-degree customer feedback to drive more accurate decisions.
- An intuitive dashboard to get detailed insights within minutes.
- Analyse customer and employee pulse with the proper surveys.
- Build conversational chatbots to improve customer engagement and analyze their behavior.
- Create and integrate your surveys with any third-party tools for better experience management.
- Leverage automated surveys and survey workflows to save time and effort.
- Gather data from various endpoints like email, QR code, and others for better data inputs.
Typeform: Survey App for Beginners for Neat UX
G2 Rating – 4.5 out of 5 based on 630+ reviews
Image Credits: Typeform (screenshot)
Emerging SaaS company, allowing businesses to create sleek survey forms compatible with all devices with a unique interface to display only one question at a time. With its drag-and-drop feature, you can add features. From gathering customer feedback, conducting detailed market research, or knowing your audience better, Typeform is one of the best survey tools for beginners.
[Also Read: The Ultimate Guide to Fraud Detection]
- Create more engaging surveys with its conversational and interactive survey formats.
- Choose your style that complements your brand from a pool of customizable templates to speed up the survey creation process.
- Ensure personalized touch with conditional logic surveys, only asking relevant questions.
- Leverage its tools and interesting API to create surveys from scratch.
- Fill your surveys with various questions ranging from multiple-choice, rating, images, videos, and more.
- Quickly integrate with third-party tools like Google Sheets, Slack, and Mailchimp.
- Its real-time analytics and reporting system lets you drive actional insights from survey results.
- ‘Core plan,’ the free version, offers unlimited questions and answers, custom-designed themes, data export options, ready-made templates, and basic reporting features.
- “Basic Plan” starts at $25 per month
Qualtrics: Best for Enterprises
G2 Rating – 4.4 / 5 based on 500+ reviews
Image Credits: Qualitrics (screenshot)
Qualitrics is a powerful online survey app that pushes traditional boundaries with advanced analytics. From its wide range of available question types and survey templates, you can create a next-level survey experience for every need.
For better experiences, they offer features like survey logic, branching, and email triggers. Also, they have more than 30 graph types to display your survey results more compellingly and export that data into CSV or SPSS format with one click.
- Share created surveys among team members, assign roles, and track their progress throughout its completion.
- Display surveys on websites at users’ various touchpoints (arriving at the website before leaving, clicking specific features, or displaying particular behavior). This will ensure high customer engagement and trigger surveys at different set intervals while the customer is on the website.
- Add survey prompts in the mobile app to collect feedback at a specific point while going through the app.
- Its interactive dashboard lets you click on a specific graph instance for more detailed insights. You can also obtain individual-level survey responses to learn more about the customer at that particular instance.
- For every specific survey response, set automated email triggers to follow up with customers or trigger any set action based on the survey data.
- TextIQ enables the analysis of extensive open-text data using advanced natural language processing and machine learning algorithms. Thus, you can gain insights into the crucial themes, sentiments, and topics that hold significance for your customers and employees.
- The free plan includes three active surveys, eight question types, 500 responses per survey, and 30 questions per survey.
- Connect with the team to learn more about the paid plan.
Google Forms: 100% Free Survey Tools For Market Analysis
G2 Rating – 4.5 out of 5 based on 2700+ reviews
Image Credits: Google Forms (screenshot)
This survey tool is one of the most commonly used tools among marketers. Its simple and intuitive dashboard lets you create surveys with a simple drag-and-drop feature. Designed custom surveys and drew real-time charts and graphs based on the survey responses.
The best part is that you can sync all the collected responses with other Google products and tools for a seamless experience. If you are looking for a free tool, then Google Forms is the best option, offering nearly all the required features to start your research.
- Integrate Google Forms, create surveys, and gather responses to other Google Workspace tools like Google Sheets and Google Drive, while all data is collected within Google Sheets.
- Its simple drag-and-drop features make the survey creation process easier for beginners.
- From including multiple-choice, checkboxes, dropdowns, linear scales, and more question types to capture specific data, this tool has your attention.
- It supports other third-party tools, allowing you to analyze and report on the survey responses you have gathered.
- A great option to create exciting quizzes for educational professionals.
QuestionPro: Create polls
G2 Rating – 4.5 / 5 based on 800+ reviews
Image Credits: QuestionPro (screenshot)
It is a leading survey tool, allowing you to create quizzes, polls, and effective surveys within minutes. Helping 13,000+ brands and 75% of the Fortune 500, it is the most trusted, intelligent, and scalable all-in-one platform for experience management. It lets you reach your targeted customers irrespective of demographics, ensuring you get insights faster than ever.
- Create surveys to get an in-depth analysis of how your products or services are driving your customers’ preferences and analyze their real-world purchasing patterns and trade-offs.
- Design and analyze Maxdiff surveys while analyzing the least and the best features of your product/service to gather accurate insights for more informed decision-making.
- Other features include employee feedback surveys, onboarding surveys, 360-degree feedback assessment surveys, and more, which are designed to improve the experience.
- Add an advanced touch to your surveys with 35+ question types, including dynamic lookup tables, captcha verification, and more.
- The free “Essential” plan includes 20+ survey templates, skip logic, a customizable ‘thank you’ page, raw data export, and 24/7 email support.
- 10-day trial with additional features
- pricing starts at $99 per month
- For enterprise-level plans, contact the team to get a quote.
SurveyMonkey: Best Customer Research Survey Tools
G2 Rating – 4.4 / based on 18500+ reviews
Image Credits: Survey Monkey (screenshot)
SurveyMonkey stands out as a premier feedback management platform and customer research survey tools, empowering millions of users spanning over 300,000 global organizations. It facilitates collecting feedback, interpreting results, and extracting actionable insights to fuel growth and innovation. Leveraging 20 years of expertise, SurveyMonkey and its AI-driven tools assist novice survey creators and seasoned market researchers craft, launching, and analyzing surveys effortlessly.
- Create quick surveys with its intuitive interface. Along with customizable templates, its drag-and-drop feature lets you create professional-like surveys.
- You can share surveys over email and social media, embed them within websites, and share survey URLs with specific customers.
- Gather real-time insights, track responses, and set reminders for quick results.
- Generate real-time charts and graphs based on survey response, and export them in different formats.
- Seamless integration with third-party tools and platforms like CRM, email marketing, and data analysis tools.
- The free plan includes ten questions per survey, views ten responses per survey, and uses a maximum of three ways to share surveys.
- The standard team plan started at $18 per monthly user, especially for small enterprises.
JotForm: Efficient Survey Templates
G2 Rating – 4.7 / 5 based on 2300+ reviews
Image Credits: Jotform (screenshot)
With the trust of 20M+ users, Jotform’s form builder provides a straightforward method to create and publish online forms from any device. The company presents over 10,000 ready-made form templates, integrates with 100+ third-party apps, and incorporates advanced design features, establishing itself as the foremost online form builder for organizations worldwide. Widely utilized for crafting payment forms, lead generation forms, registration forms, contact forms, application forms, and more, jotform caters to diverse needs.
- You can perform form-level calculations like calculating total, score, and discounts as per the input given by the user.
- Generate dynamic reports, invoices, and other documents based on the survey responses to provide a personalized experience for every respondent.
- The data and forms are submitted per HIPPA regulations, ensuring privacy and security.
- Users can create and manage forms from their mobile apps.
- The free plan has one user account, five forms, 100 monthly responses, and 100 fields per form.
- The bronze plan is $34 per month.
Zoho Survey: Designed for Zoho Suite Users
G2 Rating – 4.4 out of 5 based on 800+ reviews
Image Credits: Zoho Survey (screenshot)
Zoho Survey is a popular, growing, and simple-to-use online survey and questionnaire-building tool. It can fulfill your simple survey needs. From customizing, sharing, ensuring team collaboration, and generating charts and graphs to its interesting Zoho Suite products, you will get an all-in-one suite for effective survey creation.
- Map all your gathered survey responses into your CRM system instantly to get more detailed insights into your customer’s engagement.
- You can automate actions based on survey responses using Zoho Flow to deliver a personalized respondent experience.
- You can import all the data directly into Zoho analytics to analyze it, generate reports to understand customers better and make informed decisions.
- Use Zoho campaigns to integrate survey responses to create and send targeted emails based on your survey data.
- The free plan comes with three forms with unlimited reports, 500 submissions per month, ten payments, and 200 MB of file storage.
- The paid plan starts at $8/month.
Alchemer: Automation at its Best
G2 Rating – 4.4 /5 based on 800+ reviews
Image Credits: Alchemer (screenshot)
Earlier known as SurveyGizmo, this simple survey tool has advanced automation capabilities, like piping answers to following questions and sending automated emails based on survey responses.
Businesses can create relevant questions to drive more relevant insights by leveraging its variety of questions and filtering options. Despite its high pricing, it is still one of the chosen survey tools.
- Ensure a highly personalized survey experience for respondents with its advanced survey logic and branching features.
- You can make surveys more engaging with advanced question options like heatmaps, slider bars, and progressive matrices.
- Customize surveys with themes and white-label them while adding your brand elements to make them more personal.
- Turn insights into real-time reports with charts, graphs, and visualization options. Perform data segmentation, analyze text, and much more.
- Sync your survey data across different platforms using tools like Salesforce, Slack, and Google Analytics.
- Get a 7-day free trial.
- The self-service survey plans start at $55/user/month and are specially designed for individuals.
- For the enterprise plan, connect with the team.
HubSpot: Best for Customer Service
G2 Rating – 4.4 / 5 based on 2000+ reviews
Image Credits: HubSpot (screenshot)
A leading CRM for creating customizable surveys using Hubspot Service Hub. Effortlessly link responses to your customer database with HubSpot. Enjoy a suite of free marketing tools, such as a user-friendly form builder and a drag-and-drop tool for crafting diverse online forms and surveys. Seamlessly gather and store contact details and customer feedback.
Whether you prefer custom forms or premade templates, HubSpot’s free CRM tools offer comprehensive customer research tools and solutions. Access forms, email features, prospect tracking, customer service live chat, and a convenient meeting scheduler. HubSpot goes beyond forms, providing an array of invaluable business operation tools.
- Integrate surveys within your website to gather detailed insights about customers so they can turn them into potential leads.
- Tailor and send personalized emails using survey responses. Set up dynamic email workflows triggered by specific answers in the survey.
- Track response rates, study trends, and gain insights from your feedback. Better understand your audience, pinpoint areas for improvement, and base decisions on data.
- Connect with third-party apps and platforms. The CRM is a central hub for storing and organizing survey responses, contact details, and customer data. Streamline and align your survey data with your overall marketing and sales strategies.
- It is free.
- The premium version comes with additional features.
- The starter plan is $18/month.
These are some commonly used survey creation tools and platforms to help you engage customers to gather hidden insights to drive the best business decision.
Choosing the right tool or platform might be confusing, as other options are available. So, to help you, we have provided some tips below to choose the correct survey tool or what features to look for in your following survey tool to maximize the results.
What are the Features to Look for in Your Survey Platform or Tool?
We have listed the top survey tools and platforms, each with unique and some standard features. You must know what to look for if you still need to decide which one to choose.
Simplified survey creation-
creating surveys should not be time-consuming, so a simple user interface with easy-to-use yet powerful features would help make quick and practical surveys.
Share your surveys quickly-
you must be able to share surveys via different mediums, like SMS, emails, sharing on social media, and QR codes to target specific audiences, ensuring high personalization.
Keep your data secured-
one of the most essential aspects of your tool should be prioritizing data security. Ensure that your survey tool provides policies like h HIPAA for healthcare data and GDPR for European data protection. It strengthens customer trust.
the intuitive dashboard is the heart of survey creation. The tool must allow you to export data seamlessly into different forms- charts, graphs, widgets, and others for better presentation.
in this competitive market, you lose credibility if you cannot integrate your surveys and their results into third-party tools. So, ensure these simple integrations to various tools will simplify your research.
automation, advanced analytics, and exporting data in real-time in various formats- are the tricks to staying ahead and then holding on to it.
Build a Survey Creation Platform with OnGraph
Online survey tools or platforms have made creating, distributing, and analyzing surveys at once more accessible. To ensure personalization, businesses must be able to design and build their surveys for their targeted audience. Today, researchers want unique survey creation tools that can help them from fundamental to advanced capabilities in driving the right insights.
To help those rising demands, OnGraph, a market research software development company can develop survey creation tools and platforms that fit every business’s needs. With our expertise in market research and awareness of customers’ and businesses’ pain points, we can integrate functionalities that solve your problem.
So connect with us today.