Only a few years ago, developers were primarily debating whether to use Angular or React for their applications. However, recently, interest in a third player known as Vue.js has grown.
Let’s take a look inside each of the three major front-end development frameworks to understand what makes them unique and where they excel. We want to shed some light on the topic of choosing the best framework and provide a solution to the primary question: “Which framework should I choose – Angular, React, or Vue.js, and why?”
A Brief Introduction of Angular vs Vue vs React
Before we get into the technical details, let’s first know about the frameworks to appreciate their philosophy and evolution over time.
Angular Vs Vue Vs React in 2022
Some resources compile statistical data, such as which development environments are the most popular, which programming languages are the most popular right now, and so on. Stackoverflow, for example, published these numbers.
Vue.js is only in 7th place among the frameworks, although it is actively developing. Angular.js 2022 is more popular and is just one position behind React.js.
Let’s Understand Angular, Vue, and React On Different Parameters
Why & When should you choose Angular.js?
- No one can deny the fact, Angularjs opinionated structure and a built-in set of functions are perfect for large-scale, real-time, and dynamic application development like chat apps, and instant messaging.
- A well-formed structure along a broad set of enclosed features makes Angular highly appropriate for cross-platform mobile development and Enterprise applications
Why & When should you choose Vue.js
- Developing a light-weight and single-page web application is now the best bet for Vue.
- If speed and performance are your priority, Vue would be your best choice.
Why & When should you choose React.js?
- You should choose React if you’re working on a frontend UI that requires a lot of user interaction.
- If your existing code base is getting out of hand, you should switch to React.
- When used effectively, React may save a lot of time, effort, and money in frontend development.
As per their background, developers will have varied points of view on which framework of the three is the easiest to learn.
Easiest learning Curve: VueJS
Steepest learning curve: AngularJS
Medium learning curve: ReactJS
So, the learning curve winner happens to be VueJS.
Angular vs Vue vs React: Who wins?
Let us review the characteristics of each framework at the end of this post to try to answer the question: Angular vs Vue vs React: which one should you choose?
Angular is the most mature framework, with a large community of contributors and a comprehensive set of features.
However, the learning curve is steep, and novice developers may be scared off by Angular notions.
Companies with large teams and developers that already use TypeScript should consider Angular.
React is just old enough to be mature, with a large number of community contributions. It has earned a lot of popularity. The job market for React is booming, and the framework’s future seems promising.
Vue is a newcomer to the market, with no substantial corporate support.
The conclusion to the Angular vs. Vue vs. React discussion is that there is no absolute best choice, which you probably expected.
Each of these libraries has its own set of advantages and disadvantages. One of them will be more suitable than the others depending on the project you’re working on and your specific requirements. It’s crucial to conduct your own research before making a decision, especially if you’re working on a company initiative rather than a personal effort.
Which framework, Angular, Vue or React, do you believe is the winner here? Please let us know in the comments section below.