Learning technical words can indeed be a pain. There are so many that it’s difficult to come up with clear explanations, and just when you think you’ve worked out what one term means, you’ll hear someone use it in a way you’ve never heard before…
Frameworks give you a structure to build your project around (like a skeleton, scaffolding, or framework). Page templates (supplied by the framework) are used to generate this structure, with certain places set aside for entering framework code (versus the library format, where the developer decides where to implement library code).
- A library is a set of reusable functions used by computer programs.
- You are in full control when you call a method from a library and the control is then returned.
- It’s incorporated seamlessly into existing projects to add functionality that you can access using an API.
- They are important in the program linking and binding process.
- A framework is a piece of code that dictates the architecture of your project and aids in programs.
- The code never calls into a framework, instead, the framework calls you.
- It cannot be seamlessly incorporated into an existing project. Instead, it can be used when a new project is started.
- They provide a standard way to build and deploy applications.
The structure of the Ionic framework will be easily understood by developers who are already accustomed to app development. Its hybrid app codebase allows developers to create apps for various platforms, lowering overall development costs and shortening the time it takes for an app to reach the market.
Ionic developers have access to Cordova plugins, which improve the framework’s efficiency and allow developers to broaden its use.
Ionic makes application testing simple by providing four options, allowing developers to select the approach that best meets their needs.
On a desktop, using the WebKit browser, in an iOS or Android emulator, in a mobile browser, or as a native app on the device itself, testing can be done.
- React Native
NativeScript allows developers to create native mobile apps using Vue CLI, VueX, and other Vue framework features. NativeScript also combines recent Angular full-stack capabilities including router support, code generation, and Angular CLI integration, among others.
And which library should you start with? You could do a lot worse, according to experts, than to start with React JS.