Developing an iPhone app but not sure where to start?
You’ve landed on the right blog.
If you already have an app idea and a marketing plan in place, you can easily move on to the next step. However, those who are still struggling with the app idea, they need to understand that there is no such thing like “Unique App Idea”.
As per the Statista Report, there are more than 4 million apps available on the Google Play Store and Apple App store collectively.
That’s the reason, thinking of an entirely new concept or an app idea is just not possible. Either the apps are a new version of the old or an existing app or they are built with variations, permutations, and combinations of various ideas.
However, there are certain techniques following which you can come up with an excellent app idea that grabs user attention in no time.
Let’s get started!
1. Think of An Excellent App Idea
An Amalgamation of Different Ideas Together
One of the best things you can do to create an exception app idea is that pick certain features and functions of different apps that you like and put them together. Combine various elements and build your app accordingly. Also, make sure that your app is either resolving the users’ problem in a certain way, majorly focused on entertainment, is a gaming app or so.
Choosing the app type will narrow down your list up to a great extent. All you need to do is think about certain apps that you use and what you would want to improve in it. Mold and shape the existing concepts into new ideas.
App Idea Based on Real-life Problems
This is one of the best ways to create your app as you can get amazing results even with simplistic ideas.
Start recognizing the problems that you face in your daily life. Chances are that others might be facing the same problem as well. And if they find the solutions to those problems in the form of an app, you never know your app might go viral in no time.
Maybe you can find an existing app related to the same scenario, but don’t lose hope. Try finding out an opportunity to make a better version of that app which is more useful for the users.
Improve an Existing App
You might have used an app and wondered if it could do, say X function, it would have been more useful to me. Now, that’s a really creative spark to develop a hit app idea.
You can always seek user feedback to improve your app, however, if you aren’t responding to the users’ requests, you might be sentencing your app to a slow death of user attrition.
Others can always take advantage of such an author’s absence and can create an improved version of such apps taking the help of users’ reviews, queries, and feedback.
The next step is to validate your app idea and thrive in the app store.
2. Conduct a Thorough Market Research
Once you have an excellent app idea in your mind, it is time to do some market research. All you need to do is find out whether there are already existing apps similar to your app idea or not.
Don’t get demotivated if you see similar apps in the App store that resolves the same problems as you might be thinking to resolve with your app idea. Instead, take it positively. It means your idea is viable and there is a real need for it.
You need to seek out how well these apps are meeting the needs of users. Are these apps being regularly updated?
You need to get the answers to such a question in order to fulfill the audience’s needs.
Take note of the following things:
- App Name
- Price/monetization scheme
- Feature set
- App publisher
- Ratings and Reviews
- Last updated
3. Decide Which Features to Include
This part is the amazing of all as you have to live your dream! You need to decide which app features you would want to have in your app. Although the vision may in the future need to change, modify or evolve, you need to jot it down to make sure you’re a to-do list ready on your plate.
You can also take advice from various stakeholders to add specific features and functionalities. They can also advise you about how to flesh your app idea and successfully execute it.
Rather than focusing on how many pages your app is going to have, try ironing on how your users are going to use your app in a step-by-step process.
For instance, if your app is a gaming app you would like to include:
- A login detail section
- Login through social media applications such as Facebook, Insta, and Twitter
- Profile pic, a short description about themselves
- The complexity level of the game, and so on.
4. Create Design Templates for your App Screens
Now it’s time that you should start thinking about the design of your app that is not only intuitive but also easy to use. Make a rough sketch of your app design and the sections you would want to place on the main screen.
Focus on things like:
- How many sections are important fo you to display as per your app idea?
- The main navigation of the app which should be super easy for the users to follow. Tap bar or a slider, totally up to you! Keep in mind that the best navigation is always intuitive and natural.
- Focus on usability. How easy it is for users to use your app for an intended purpose. It is all about enhancing the user experience. Spend a few hours to read about usability basics and move forward.
- Also, make sure you try to include a welcome tutorial or quick navigation that represents which tabs do what
- Research and find out which design tools are best for developing your application. Most people are using tools like Sketch, Figma, FrameX, Invision Studio.
5. Start Developing your App’s Graphic Design
Once you have set thought-driven ideation and wireframe of what you have to do next, you can start developing your app’s graphic design. Make sure the design is built in a way that it:
- Can be used in presentations to sell partners and potential investors
- Represents the look of the final product
- Developers can use the graphics as assets into the project
Developing an iPhone app graphics with the help of experts/professionals who have proven work experience in designing app UI, is the best thing you can do. A few of the ways have been listed below for your reference:
- Either you can hire a team of experts who can design and create your iPhone app exactly the way you want, hire freelancers, or set up an in-built team. Hiring a team of experts is the best option though!
- Make sure you have examined the designer with the relevant mobile app experience.
- Try using pre-built designing templates. There are some sites who sell designs that can easily be purchased and customized
6. Test and Submit your App to the App Store
Now that you’re finally ready to launch your iPhone app in the App store, you need to get the certification for the same.
All you need to do is:
- Try to make sure that your app qualifies and for that review your app as many times you can and fix up things that are still pending.
- Fill in your app metadata including title, description, keywords, and so on, proper app listings should be created. You may also be asked to set the screenshots and preview videos of your app.
- You can also upload your app from Xcode to App Store Connect.
- Go to the App Store in order to submit your app and review it. Also, add some notes for the reviewer and submit it to the App certification Team.
- Last but the most impatient moment is to wait for the app to get certified and launched on the App store!
Bingo! You’re an Expert Now!
Now that you have created and launched an iPhone app successfully, doesn’t mean that your responsibility is over. In order to make it successful and useful for the people out there, you need to make sure that the user queries get noticed and resolved. They should get a proper and convincing reply to their comments to maintain the success of your app in the long run. Also, do not forget to upgrade your app whenever the iOS upgrade is there!
Always remember, user feedback can make you even more successful than you might have thought. So take that seriously!